Tell us what you would like to see to improve your IMVU experience!

After playing a week you lose your Guest_ in front of your name...

I just don't think it's suitable for people who have played for a while and can't afford VIP or a name registration to have Guest_ in front of their name making them look like a newbie. I think VIP members should have yellow names, new players have Guest_ then when they have played for a week and now how the game works they lose Guest_

2,732 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

72 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Little Frickin' Einstien commented  · 

how are so many people disagreeing??? I think it's perfectly reasonable are y'all stupid?? can someone give me an answer why there's so much people disagreeing, and please don't use the "It's not fair on the people who buy membership' it's THEIR problem THEY bought.

• Anonymous commented  · 

"I can't afford, therefore I should get it for free" Get a job or earn the money. It's just a tag.

• DiamondBones commented  · 

I think I like this, but it needs more because I don't think it's enough by itself.
        Frequent users shouldn't have to buy their names... I've never seen any other chat site do this, and I think that's one of the main reasons why not alot of the world likes staying in imvu.. this whole guest thing is just very strange.

What's also strange is when we actually do buy our names, we get to keep them even if we stop using imvu for over a year... that's just such a waste because the majority of people who are gone for a year have lost their account info and cannot log back in, and will never get it back... so I don't see this as a reasonable "back up" for people who purposely take a year vacation and return. Imvu should be like the other sites and stop with this buy ur name ********... The only people who I feel should keep their names forever are the creators who sign up for cash outs because they include their real life info, so even if they do take a year off, but return and forget their passwords, email addressed used for imvu, credit cards used, past prepaid card #s used, past passwords.. etc etc... they can still get their account back because it's THEM irl and they won't loose their real life identify info!

Alot of people get treated a bit awkwardly just because of the guest, and it leads to uncomfortable social behaviour as it's unattractive text on the screen.. like it looks messy. So it would be nice to encourage more positivity to socializing here, and everyone knows that a less "pay as you go" site attracts more activity, like FACEBOOK!???

• IPhant0ms Soul commented  · 

I 100% disagree. Since IMVU started you have always had to buy the Guest. It shouldn't change because kids cannot afford it.

• Karenferndale commented  · 

In real life if you can't afford something, you do without. Trotting out the old, tired reason that because you can't afford it, so you should get it for free, is lazy and greedy.

Either find ways to make extra income, or go over your budget again and do without something else for a little while, so you can afford your name or VIP.

• xXMikaeloXx commented  · 

This idea I will support 100% . Tat was a super good idea, but...
        in IMVU all names are different colors so it would be a little problem to see cup if someone else has yellow name tag. but can also do so the vip, ap, married and other can be showed on the end or the start of the name. Tats what i think

• Anonymous commented  · 

Personally. I think the ideas good. But not a week a year or two fair enough. I've had my account for a year and since I'm not paid very much I don't have the money to remove the guest_ in my name. I have complications in my life but as others said it wouldn't be fair to those who have already brought the guest_ unless the get their money back which isn't possible. Or it could be transferred to credits again less likely. But nice idea. X

• Gawth commented  · 

You kids are becoming greedier and greedier. Get a job like everyone else, or put up with the "guest" tag. You don't HAVE to buy it.

• Fry commented  · 

This isn't the way the "Guest" tag works. You're meant to be seen as a guest as long as you've not paid to no longer be one. Even if you've had your account for 5+ years you shouldn't get it removed until you've purchased it.
        While this would be a nice present for long-time members, it's always been this way and since it's been years, I don't think it would make any sense or be fair to the community to change it now.

• Rice commented  · 

No. Thousands of people bought their name so it would be unfair to their wallets unless they received compensation, and IMVU really isn't going to compensate everyone.

• Skal commented  · 

Right.. what he said I've spent money on my name.. besides it's cheap to buy your name and cheaper if you catch it on sale.. soo what's the problem here???

• Carta commented  · 

so lets say this actually happens which i doubt it will, what about the people who already bought their name? its not going to be fair. People are far too greedy

• amanda commented  · 

thanks but I didn't get my 20.00 when I loged on

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base