Tell us what you would like to see to improve your IMVU experience!

IMVU Groups: Private and AP

Imvu groups do not have the privacy option for Access Pass AND Invite Only. This is a huge flaw in my opinion. AP Adults should have the option to set their groups as invite only and not always open for all access pass holders.

133 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MissMayaMissMaya shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DeadlyDesiredSinDeadlyDesiredSin commented  · 

LordRiccardo, I have seen violations under teens that would shock you to the very core of your soul, so please do not make the GA community such saints cause trust me they are everything but. Also staff can view even closed groups at any given time so should you ponder and wonder if there is things happening in that group that is not fit for IMVU then flag the group. However do not hate flag. It sounds to me that you had a run in with a few bad apples, kindly do not assume that every AP holder is bad, we just want the same privacy, and who said that GA users in their little private group does not violate the rules of IMVU?

• DeadlyDesiredSinDeadlyDesiredSin commented  · 

I agree with you regarding this. I have wanted to make AP groups that is invite only and where the members of the group only can see the threads and so more, it is more than frustrating that we can not do this. GA users can, but they deny AP users this right, users who actually paid to keep themselves in adult conversation. You have my vote on this MissMaya.

• StyllStyll commented  · 

agrees with Maya

• MarcelaMarcela commented  · 

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

• MissMayaMissMaya commented  · 

Well, in a few years, all the historically worse illegal UFI offenses will be in closed GA groups or non-imvu forums.
        Makes no matter.
        I do not want a private AP group for illegal activity, I want to be able to run an AP group without being forced to deal with spammers, scammers and other undesirables.
        I don't want to start a debate about how many reasons there are why Imvu took that option away, I just want to know how many people would like this option back, if many people do, Imvu might consider it as an option for the future.
        Imvu has put into place a large number of methods for detecting and preventing UFI activity or policy violations over the last few years, so maybe they will consider giving AP adults this small privilege back. In my life experience "If you do not try, you will never know."

• LordRiccardoLordRiccardo commented  · 

Yes violations can happen in the GA groups as well and they do but historically the worst offences of it being abused happened within the AP groups and involved illegal activities at that.

And paying for AP has nothing to do with privacy what so ever it's access to more mature content nothing more.

• DancingElkDancingElk commented  · 

Isn't the purpose of paying for AP is so we also have the "privacy" ..

• MissMayaMissMaya commented  · 

UFI behaviour happens regardless of group privacy settings, even in GA groups that are set as "Invite Only". If what you say was true, Private GA groups wouldn't be optional either. Or is it only AP holders that violate rules? Nope.

• LordRiccardoLordRiccardo commented  · 

It's not a flaw the facts are AP groups used to be invite only and what would end up happening in those groups all to often was masses of rule violations being carried out in them that wouldn't get reported for months even years.

Feedback and Knowledge Base