Tell us what you would like to see to improve your IMVU experience!

Sell me an AP user card

As an AP user who grows tired of the perception of my GA interest or picture or badge to one as AP and flagged and reviewed and returned today and revoked tomorrow. As an AP user who grows tired of not being able to display (outside of my homepage and 3D room) beautiful pieces of art bc they fall into AP categories. I would like to buy an AP user card.

With the purchase of an AP user card, I would not only be able to display AP badges and pictures but those GA badges and pictures that are not AP that sometimes cause constant flagging.

With the purchase of an AP user card my current card would become my GA default card that shows to the entire community. On my GA card viewable only to AP users would be an 'AP user card viewable' option. Clicking this would take AP users to my AP card in which I could show my AP interests, badges and pictures and those GA ones that cause so much conflict, too.

In opening up the card and display picture, an AP album would also be made available to the AP user purchasing the AP user card. The AP album would only be viewable on the AP card to the AP public and only if the AP user had the album set to everyone as the basic options for privacy settings would be available on the AP album.

All flagging, blocking, messaging options, add friend, albums would remain on both cards, adding on AP album to the AP cards.

NO UFI pictures, badges would be tolerated.

Yes, I would buy that.

65 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DiamondBones commented  · 

I would like to see a full AP filter on the entire imvu site, and not just the catalog.
        I don't understand why not offer the same features in the general GA filter to an AP filter?
        It would extend the value of AP and attract more members as well as promote something we're usually all shy yet shouldn't be ashamed about.

Most people only flag not because they're offended, but because they assume that someone else would be offended if they see that, so they flag it just incase... this is a very odd type of behavior among imvu members, to which I've never seen in any other website.

I can understand if one feels threatened by another due to danger, so they do what they can to get them removed from the site... but for the most part that is never the case here. IT's more like these people who flag have ocd or some kind of strict mental digital defect and only flag because they notice it's a breach of the rules, not because it personally effects them.. which is totally against what imvu recommends... so there's no real point in keeping all the main features GA, when imvu already made an acceptable AP rating everyone is ok with,

• PoisonedCherries commented  · 

I agree to getting an AP package for my card~ Fed up with living in a Micky Mouse World that we pay for AP and we're stuck with Micky Mouse House! This isn't right~ It's been an ongoing issue for years~ IMVU needs to separate GA from AP all together! If they won't do that this is at least an OPTION for the AP users of their site!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree with what is being said too. I think it is an awesome idea and should be part of the AP package. I wouldn't want to pay anything more for AP. As it stands right now, I am not sure why AP is even charged. AP should be free with Age verification! Period. 21 and over get AP! THEN I would pay for some extra stuff like an AP card....

(I am still sore about an AP account I lost a few years ago because an ex got mad and called IMVU and told them I was their underage child. I tried to offer my info and show them my license, but they refused to allow it.) Good thing I didn't have too much on that account!

• Anonymous commented  · 

'CrazeKnight commented · November 16, 2014 11:24 AM
        I wouldn't mind paying the extra ten dollars for it, but I would wonder what a GA user would see if they attempted to view an AP card? Would it be like when they attempt to view an AP HP, and they get a "This card is only viewable but Access Pass holders" message?

But I definitely think a little more benefit to having AP should be allowed.'

Your current card would remain GA rated and that is what the GA population would see. GA would not see the 'AP card available' when in common rooms or groups.

Originally my idea was to have the message that is on home pages and a blank card viewable to the community however, it was pointed out the user card is a tool used to meet other users, GA and AP. This idea was resurfaced by someone and seemed a suitable compromise.

• Tr3v0rSt0n3 commented  · 

Yes, this is a splendid idea and I am sick of it too!

• AmazonRenu commented  · 

I don't see IMVU's 13+ rating as being in jeopardy bc in what I am suggesting will not open up AP content to the GA audience. So, the adult related content that is AP is already on the site and as long as it's continued to be kept from the GA audience the rating should not change.

However, I don't know and I doubt you do either as to if this would cause a rating change bc again I am not asking for any AP content to be viewable to GA.

However, if the change did happen and the rating did change. I would see Target and Walmart still carrying IMVU pre-paid cards. Walmart would possibly move them to where they sell tobacco products. Both would start carding for the cards. Which would make the sale of imvu cards impossible to underage kids w/out them telling and asking their parents about IMVU. Protecting the GA further.

Also. Before you start w what you think these stores will and will not carry I suggest you take a moment the next time you are there and open your eyes to what they do carry. Walmart sells tobacco and alcohol products, Target sells alcohol. BOTH carry 50 Shades of Grey.

At most they would lose advertising on teen sites and as long as they assure those sites that the younger users would not be seeing AP content, which they wouldn't, it should be just fine for them.

• XxMissSnowyxX commented  · 

And to answer your question AdisRenu...

IMVU carries a certain rating.. within that rating they are allowed to have so much of something.. in the case of AP.. while it does provide suggestive and adult related themes it is not graphical adult enough in nature to cause IMVU to slip from their rating.

While it is true that people do things on here that they shouldn't be doing.. this is why users have the ability to flag products and conversations that violate the TOS.

Now to get this back on track.. the more things IMVU adds that are of adult nature.. the closer they are to losing their family rating and slip into being an adult site.

There are certain stores that IMVU has business dealings with that will NOT carry adult related products. Classic example would be Walmart.. you will not find adult magazines there, there are even some branches that card people for Maxim.

So yes.. with the addition of an 18+ display area, badge area, interest area.. that would be slipping IMVU closer to being an 18+ site instead of a family site.

And you may be asking how it would.. it would be doing this because it's more adult content being hosted on their site.

I hope that explains why stores would most likely pull IMVU off their shelves if they did this.

• Listens commented  · 

Considering AP costs so much, I think it would be awesome if they added some other features besides clothes and rooms.

• AdisRenu commented  · 

"Loss of stores carrying their cards"

Explain how this idea would cause companies to pull IMVU's currency cards from stores? If companies minded what imvu displayed for adults they would not sell/carry their currency cards from the time IMVU created AP.

• AmazonRenu commented  · 

Access pass that is STILL advertised as getting the ADULT EXPERIENCE w purchase.

• XxMissSnowyxX commented  · 

While this is a kind of a step forward in the right direction.. I think there is one thing that is either being ignored or people are just not aware of.

Even though I would question the rating of the site.. the more Adult oriented IMVU goes.. IE allowing things like this and the like.. the more they risk losing their current rating.

So what does that mean for the company.. they lose a lot more than they gain.

One time payments will not make up for the following:
        1. Loss of advertising on sites dedicated to their target audience
        2. Loss of stores carrying their cards

And being that the AP community only makes up about 7% of the adult community on IMVU.. I don't think it would even be a risk that a company with half a brain would be willing to make.

Now if someone could come up with a solution that would guarantee that the company wouldn't risk losing the perks that come with having their current rating.. as well as a guarantee that they would not risk losing advertising to their target audience, as well as no risk of stores that don't wish to associate with an adult rated site pulling their product.. you would have a better leg to stand on as far as this idea being taken into serious consideration from the company.

But I do have to ask a question..

@Opulence.. when did IMVU ever call the Access Pass an Adult Pass.. because I can say for certain at least as far back as 2007 that it was called the Access Pass.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree with all the comments below and is tired to watch what I can and can not out on my card! I would so have an AP card!

And they are now putting me as anonymous xD

- RemyWyatt

• Opulence commented  · 

I agree with this statement:

"

Considering that AP costs $19.99, it should be included into the AP package, and given freely to those of us who already have it.

I'm so tired of seeing friends get flagged for things that are clearly GA and IMVU goes and pulls their pictures, sends them a warning, and then when everything listed in the pictures is given to IMVU for them to approve, they end up doing the same thing when the picture is flagged again.

It's a shame that AP use to stand for Adult Pass and we get treated like we are the 13 year olds of the site.

With all the servers that IMVU has, why not channel the ones with AP to different servers so those who do not have AP can't see what they shouldn't?"

• CrazeKnight commented  · 

I wouldn't mind paying the extra ten dollars for it, but I would wonder what a GA user would see if they attempted to view an AP card? Would it be like when they attempt to view an AP HP, and they get a "This card is only viewable but Access Pass holders" message?

But I definitely think a little more benefit to having AP should be allowed.

• AdisRenu commented  · 

Agreed. All for the idea. 100%

But, I'd pay around 10-20$.

• Poisonouz commented  · 

I agree.

As adults we should be able to chose if our pictures, interests, and tagline is AP or not.
        Some people will keep saying this is a safe site made for kids, but they are wrong, this client was not only thought for kids, or AP wouldn't exist.

Then making an Adult Zone for pictures, albums, badges and interests would be just right for adults, and minors wouldnt be able to see them. Then no harm at all. Not UFI alloweed of course.

I wouldn't mind paying extra for it.

• MagenaWolfMoon commented  · 

Considering that AP costs $19.99, it should be included into the AP package, and given freely to those of us who already have it.

I'm so tired of seeing friends get flagged for things that are clearly GA and IMVU goes and pulls their pictures, sends them a warning, and then when everything listed in the pictures is given to IMVU for them to approve, they end up doing the same thing when the picture is flagged again.

It's a shame that AP use to stand for Adult Pass and we get treated like we are the 13 year olds of the site.

With all the servers that IMVU has, why not channel the ones with AP to different servers so those who do not have AP can't see what they shouldn't?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base