Tell us what you would like to see to improve your IMVU experience!

Issue: Shopping & Imvu Currency (Improved)

The currency has a lack or trade .. example ... if i'm excited about my new credits and i go buy stuff but i wasn't paying attention and bought the wrong thing i can't give it back or even trade it with another creator or imvu user.. i'm stuck with it. There's no barter either whereas if i have a friend on imvu who wants to give me something she already owns for free or for exchange of an item i own .. I can't do so.

However, To change this would require the TOS and the Creator Agreements all to be changed and agreed to as it's a legally binding contract between IMVU and the makes of the items.Which is why the idea wasn't originally approved, but what if we found a way to make this easy and not have to change the rule and agreement and contracts .. Originally users don't own the item they have a license that allows them to use that item.

This can work in everyone's favor without hindering profit or legal contracts.To fix this problem I suggest a feature allowing us to return,trade and barter items. The barter would be the same as gifting someone instead you are gifting them an item from your inventory (handing over an unwanted license to someone else) Not everyone has the money to gift a loved one with a gift from shop because to buy out of shop you need non-promo (bought) credits .. why not gift them a shirt you know they would have liked out your inventory?

Now, trading, it will simply be a user trading the license to use one item for another. And Lastly, the return, restrictions can be put on this like "you have to be on imvu for at least 6 months to use", "feature can only be used once per month", "you can only return a maximum or 3-5 items" and items can only be returned if the creator had ticked an option saying that they allow that said product to be returned because I do realize some creators may not want this especially amateur creators. Let creators who are confident in their skill tick if they wish. having that been said .. all returnable items should have a small label saying its returnable or symbol.. whatever imvu wishes to put.

This can satisfy many imvu users and fix the problem that we all have been having for years with never being able to get rid of unwanted items, I've seen many forums asking just for this and I couldn't help but notice the injustice of us buying credits but not being allowed to do what we wish with the items we buy, not even being allowed to give them away. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope Imvu approves this suggestion.

45 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Karenferndale commented  · 

NO to this suggestion. Unlike sites like Gaia where they make ALL the products, it is the 3rd party creators who make it on imvu.

If you make a mistake and buy something accidentally, then you have learned a lesson to be more careful next time. I had to learn that lesson before and I did.

Returning, selling or trading items would seriously harm the creators in regards to sales. For one thing, the creators don't get all the credits from a sale, imvu takes a chunk and the mesher does too.

Allowing this suggestion would mean many creators would just stop creating and the catalogue would not have the same new variety coming in as it once did.

Feedback and Knowledge Base